Vanakam

Vanakam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa/

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Jet Fighter 5

So who knows the difference between jet fighter 8, 18 or 5. I certainly do not. I have since talked to several people with the navy air base and feel like I have gotten no where. I finally called the Mayors office and talked to his secretary. I was then put in touch with the FAA. The lady at the FAA was a very sweet lady that understood my concern. She was in the Navy and was able to explain a lot. She took me seriously and said that she was going to talk to her supervisor and get back to me. I have not heard back from her but I have since received a phone call from Commander Luther Hook who was able to tell me that the pilot and squadron was identified. They are unable to share with me what will happen to him as it is classified information but he will more than likely loose some air training and fall several weeks behind and not be able to move onto the ship training on schedule. Well hopefully it will be a lesson learned for him. Everyone deserves a second chance.
I asked very strong questions and had the commander say that I am making him walk a fine line. He never really disclosed to me that it was inappropriate but I came out and said it for him. He was in fact thinking it. The pilot started off on legal grounds within his rights and it got out of hand. He swears it was not reckless endangerment and that in fact there is a difference between that and inappropriate flying. WHATEVER ..... I do not mean to be disrespectful but I am glad he is being dealt with.
I asked for a letter of apology which I will not get but they have offered to have the kids visit the Naval Air base for a big show that they will have on Sept 11 of next year.They have had one in 2001 and have not had one since due to 9/11. It was BLUE ANGELS, THUNDERBIRDS SET 2001 AIR SHOW .Now they have another one scheduled for next year.The kids will have an opportunity to see the fighters up close and personal. Somehow I am still upset with what happened. If we are in Reno next year that will be a great opportunity for the kids.
Okay back to being mom now.

No comments: