Vanakam

Vanakam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa/

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Charred Rosemary Pork Chops

Hello World !

It feels good to finally put my feet up and kind of relax. Actually I have some work to get done tonight before I call it a day. It has been very busy today. I ran errands with the girl but forgot to plan her lunch before she was picked up for school by a friend. I stopped at the store and picked up a lunchable for her to eat as I shopped for some groceries. What a terrible mother I am...hey better than McDonalds right ???

I then had to meet my friend to pick up the girl for school, race over to see my bestest buddy Stacey for Thai food yum ! yum ! Then off to the dentist, back home to sew more aroma therapy bags, 3 loads of laundry, mop the floors and whip up this amazing dinner.

So another happy place for me is the kitchen. I love love love to cook. The kids helped with other chores while I cooked. Here is the recipe for you to try out. Quick meal with some prep work  but can be done in steps and up to a day ahead.

I served this up with mashed potatoes and green beans stirred in with almonds.

To start with :


Pork Chops

Ingredients
• pork chops 
• 4 T granulated sugar
• 1 T garlic, minced 
• 3 Serrano chilies, minced 
• 2 T rosemary, chopped 
• 3 T parsley, chopped 
• 1½  oz. olive oil 
• 1 T kosher salt
• 2 tsp. black pepper
Directions
Place pork chops in a large bowl and reserve. In a blender add sugar,garlic, chilies, rosemary, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper; macerate until smooth. I also added 2 T of chipolte pepper spice . (Can be found in spice aisle next to chilli seasoning ) Just thought I woud experiment a little. 
Rub pork chops generously with mixture and let stand for 20 minutes if possible.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grill pork chops over an open flame or sauté, to medium-rare. Be careful not to over-caramelize (the sugar in the rub will burn if left on the fire too long). Once a golden color is achieved transfer to the oven and roast until internal temperatures reaches 125°F. Let rest 3 minutes before serving.

I scooped some mashed potatoes on the bottom of a deep plate. Top with Pork chop and add green beans for some color and drizzle sauce. 

For Sauce :
2 T parsley, chopped 
• 1 T oregano
• 1 T thyme
• 1 tsp. red chili flake
• 6 T extra virgin olive oil
• 2 T aged sherry vinegar
• 1 tsp. kosher salt
• ½ tsp. black pepper
Directions
In a mixing bowl add parsley, oregano, thyme, chili, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.

Not sure I like the sauce very much but hubby did so that is all that matters. We cracked open a special bottle of South African wine from the 2010 World Cup collection... A romantic dinner for two in the middle of the week. He may even score tonight once again LOL ! To top it off we had some wonderful South African chocolate aaahhh !!! what more can a lady ask for ..a backrub ??? Maybe I will be lucky.


Remember the key ingredient to cooking. You can never run out of it and it can be found in your HEART , it is " LOVE " 
I have very fond memories from my childhood days cooking with my mom. She always said that if you cooked with love , no matter what you make it will always taste mmhhmmmhhh GOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!


So my secret ingredient is " LOVE " 
Hope you give this a try.



Thanks for stopping by. Hope you had a productive day and your TO DO LIST has a ton of strike offs like mine does. Let's face it ...we will never get to the bottom of it as we keep adding stuff to it.

Free Spirit XOXOXOX !!!!!













No comments: