Vanakam

Vanakam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa/

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dinner smells divine

It was a crazy morning. I thought the post office was playing a trick on me today. I had to keep the box around 4lbs so it would cost $25 to mail to Africa. I removed some things and got it under 4 pounds. I then stepped aside to fill out the customs form and wrap up my box. It was a hard cider box and they said unless it was covered I could not use it. Okay Dahhh! I was planning on covering it up.
I spent a lot of time wrapping and sealing this box. The lady behind the counter reminded me that it needed to be taped extra good. GGGRRRRRR!!!!!!! I used about half a roll of tape and finally waited in line again. I needed a sharpie to write the address with and then tape over the writing in case it got wet. Okay she asked me to step aside. I could feel my brown cheeks turn red. AAHHHHH!!!
I step aside and write on it and wait very patiently in line. This whole time I have Priyasha clingy to my pant leg. i was only hoping that she did not pull my pants down. I am wearing a yoga toye pants. Boy that would traumatise all the others in line. The lady then weighs my box again and what do you know.... I am 4 ounces over. Okay I say fine and she says it will cost be $52 or $65 just for a few days faster. Well if I was at $4 it would cost $25. That did not make any sense. It was because I wrapped it and all the tape weighed 4 ounces. I also had to buy another roll of tape. She charged me for the tape as I decided to go to the UPS office and buy a box that i would not have to cover. She suggested I use one from the post office and skip the drive to the other place. I took another 10 min to rip the wrapping and tape of that took me 25 min to put on. GGGRRRRR!!!!I was pulling out my hairs by this point. Priyasha drank all her water and ate all her snack. Luckiliy for me she was hunting for a sticker she lost somewhere and was occupied.
I used a smaller box and finally needed to tape over the address. The tape did not peel right and I was getting small slivers out at a time. I handed her my credit card as I tried desperately to rip the tape. The line grew longer and I got stares from people that waited in line for what 5 min. Okay poeple I have been here for an hour already and I did not see why I needed to feel pressure to scoot along. I took a deep breath and relaxed. Another checker came out to help which was good. The box was now under $4. It was more than double for 4 more ounces. Insane I tell you. If not I would have let it go. I then spent the rest of the morning at a friends house. That was a nice break. On my way home I stopped at the school to talk about what happened with the boys yesterday. That is another story.
Here are pics that I promised on the dinner. Here is what it looks like when you stick it on the oven. I decided to add carrots and potatoes.
Priyasha has always been afraid of the blender ever since was a baby. I explained to her what I was doing and asked her to cover her ears. She was doing good but then she got scared again. I only had another few seconds to go so I snapped a few shots. I then gave her a treat and a hug.

No comments: