Vanakam

Vanakam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa/

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Delicious Dinner today

Okay it is not even 9am and I have dinner prepared for tonight. I got Pravan onto the bus and then went on tape hunt. I was looking for clear tape to seal a box I am sending to my mom in South Africa. Before she left she recorded her voice saying goodnight to the kids. This recorder was stuffed into a build a bear from the build a bear workshop. Priyasha's no longer works as she over used it. It is only good for 1000 pushes. I wish it had batteries. Now I have to mail two new ones to my mom so she can send it back to me.I will then record her voice from one recorder onto another and use the duplicate in the bears. I will store the original in a keepsake box.Next trip is to the post office. So for dinner I bought a beef brisket a day or two ago. I made a rub and the meat will marinate for six hours. I have never tried this recipe but will keep you posted on how it tastes. 2 Tbsp minced garlic 1 cup red wine 2 tbsp paprika ( I used chipolte rub ) 2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper 1/4 cup brown sugar 4 large onions sliced in a bowl mix 1/2 cup wine, paprika, brown sugar, salt, pepper. Rub onto brisket and put in a ziplock bag for 6 hours Preheat oven to 325 F ( i60 degrees Celsius ) for my buds on the other side of the ocean. Grease roast pan and place meat on there. Add onions, wine and cover with foil. Bake for 3 hours undisturbed. uncover and continue to bake for another hour basting occasionally. Wallla ! You are done. Not much work. Delicious !!!! I will serve with mash potatoes for hubby and for kids I will serve steamed veggies and bread. They do not like mash. Well I will take pictures later today and add to this post. I am off to the post office now. I have a cub scouts meeting tonight from 5:30 - 7:00 pm and then I am off to wine tasting to celebrate a friends birthday. That is at 7pm so I will be late. The kids will be dropped off at home with hubby and I am not sure when I will eat dinner. It is a busy day.

No comments: