Vanakam

Vanakam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa/

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday Blues

This morning Pravan could not get up. I tried to get him up and he rolled over and told me that he is tired. He has never been a kid that cold not get up but this school routine is killing him. The kid is almost always half asleep on the bus. Poor guy. I feel bad. I also am feeling the strain of this new schedule. I have to get up earlier as well. If I just quit making him lunches and eh can have a hot lunch I can sleep in a little longer. Nahh ! it is not worth it as they serve junk besides Pravan loves my lunches and looks forward to my lunch notes. I have special ones made up on the computer. Here is an example. Today he got some strawberries and cheese on a stick for snack. They have snack time at 10:15 am and then lunch at 11:45am. This is to fuel them up so they can focus. I think it is a great idea. My kids love food on a stick. I even serve dinner that way sometimes with meat and vegetables. It is a fun way for a kid to eat.
This is not the best image but it gives you the idea. I always draw a heart and write mommy ! His goal is to try and read it before he comes home and he gets a token and then he can redeem a prize. Not sure what yet . I have got to work out the details.
Priyasha and I went to storytime and then we stopped at school to visit Pravan during his lunch. It is nice that his school is so school. I can visit anytime I want to. Priyasha was happy to see him and he shared his chocolate milk with her. He could not finish it so she is his garbage disposal and he pretends like he wants to share. Sneaky guy but I am on to him. I praise him for sharing even though I know what he is up to.
Priyasha and I then went to the playground and we had lunch there and hung out. She fell asleep on the way home. I took advantage of her nap time and sewed some cushions. I found these zebra print fabric and and that adds a nice touch to my living room. I am planning on changing the curtains and a few more things around. I promise to snap some pictures and post them by next week. Hey I have nothing else to do right.
Pravan brought home a library book and has to read it and write about it in his journal. So today he practiced reading. He is having a hard time with some words and daddy was hard on the kid tonight. It broke my heart to see him crying but it was for his own good. I know he will get better but I cannot help worrying. In motherhood that never stops right !

No comments: