Vanakam

Vanakam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa/

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall is here

I am a few days late with this post. The last day of summer came and went and with it came the first day of fall. I was browsing another photo challenge site and saw the challenge to take the last minute summer activities outside. Although I am not playing in the challenge i took some pics of the kids with sidewalk chalk. This was not an original idea. I saw a layout in a scrapbooking magazine and decided to steal the concept. We came up with our own design and the kids loved being outside. It was quiet hot when we were playing and they did not like the bright sun very much. It is still in the 80's here in Reno. I have to admit that I had so much fun writing with sidewalk chalk. All the neighbors that drove by stared at me like I was crazy. There was a point when both the kids stepped inside the house and I was out there bu myself playing. It is good to feel like a kid every once in a while. if only I can reverse time I would have enjoyed it more when I was really a kid instead of wishing to be a grown up. I challenge you if you are still reading to go and be a big kid and be silly with your kids. Get a good laugh going and feel good and happy. It has been a very warm September and it is hard to think fall and want to smell Cinnamon and apple spice yet. I am however all set for Halloween. The kids already picked out their costumes and all I need is to get some candy for the trick or treaters. This should be a good fall. I am not complaining about the high temps. I like it hot. It does cool down at night though. Today I dressed the kids in their warm fleece jammies. Have a good night.

1 comment:

Connie T. said...

It is still hot here too, 83 yesterday. I do get excited about the pumpkins and fall colored flowers. I can't wait for the trees to turn red, but then my tomato plants will die. I will miss my fresh tomatoes everyday.