Vanakam

Vanakam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa/

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lavendar Ridge Farm

Just about 4 miles from my house along the Truckee River is a lavender nursery. I have been meaning to go there for a while now. Finally I decided to take the kids there and do a photo shoot. They make all kinds of lavender products form scented sachets, lip balm, lotions, potions, soaps and even ice cream. The kids had a blast running up and down the lavender isles. Is was quiet a site to see so many lavender bushes. We also observed the workers pick the flowers to make the products. They work fast. We also saw many many bees. They were busy working too. As long as we did not bother them they did the same for us. I will have to post some pictures later. As a treat before we left I ordered some ice cream and the owner being as sweet as she is could not resist the joy on the kids faces and gave us complimentary ice cream. It was pretty potent and the kids liked it. Very interesting taste. I thought I was just eating the flower.
We had a great time. It smelled wonderful and the chimes and waterfall made it relaxing.

No comments: