Vanakam

Vanakam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa/

Monday, December 22, 2008

Riding in style

This was at Santa Land at Pravan's school a couple of weeks ago. They host this every year and the parents are not allowed to go in. We have to sit outside and drink coffee and eat cookies. Sounds like a blast right. Well I just had to break the rules. I just cannot help myself. Pravan knew I was around so he waited for me to leave so he could shop. The PTO buys stuff all year long and they sell them at Santa Land. Everything is in between $1- $4. Pravan usually has a list of people like grandma, grandpa, great grandma, aunt, uncle, mom, dad and sister to buy for. They have some amazing things here. Well as a treat half way through Santa showed up on his Harley. That was so cool. Pravan was shocked to see Santa ride a motorbike. At this even Pravan cried as he did not have enough money to buy everything he wanted. I gave him $50. That was a lot I thought. Well he picked about six beautiful ornaments for me and they were $4 a piece and I was called back in when he was short on paying. I asked him to put the ornaments back and he started to cry. He said that he really wanted to buy then for em as I deserved it. The teacher told him to pick out his favorite and he did but was clearly crushed. We had to skip the gift wrapping as I did not have any more money on me. We then went to the dollar store to but gift wrap and he asked me how I had money to buy that gift wrap. I told him that I was going to charge it. " Oh you should have charged all the gifts I wanted to buy you " he snapped After a while the tension and silence was weird so I said " I am sad " "why are you sad mommy ? " he asked I am sad because I hurt your feelings and you were being so thoughtful " " I just think you should have given me more money as you and daddy take care of me all year long and now I want to take care of you guys and you should have let me buy all those ornaments " I then had to explain to him the value of money and how to spend it wisely. He still argued with me that I deserved to be spoiled. He is the sweetest kid ever if I should say so myself. I love him dearly and I hope he will always be this way.
Thanks for reading and remember that Christmas is about giving. Free Spirit !

No comments: