Vanakam

Vanakam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa/

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

celebrating Obama's victory

Well it is in black and white and it is official. In January he will be inaugurated. Priyasha talked about Obama all day. It is adorable to hear her say who the president is. Pravan talked about him when he got home from school and they talked about it in his class. Well it is the day after history was made and here is what we did. This morning things were a little bit back to normal. There was school again . Yeah !!!! I went to the gym and did my 45 min of cardio on the elliptical machine. I then went on a hunt through the neighborhood. Todd sent me an e-mail suggesting I get the newspaper to save in my scrap box. I have the newspaper for the kids on their birthdays every year and I could add these papers to that. I also thought it would be nice to get some of the election signs. You know the ones that are in peoples lawns. I knocked on two different doors and I was greeted by nice stay at home moms. We were perfect strangers but they told me I could take the signs and smiled. So I did. We then went to the grocery store and got the newspaper.
When Pravan got home from school I showed the kids the paper and it was so cute to see them pretend to read it. Well Pravan was reading some of the words he knew. Priyasha was playing copy cat.
Pravan was proud that he could read the headlines all by himself now.
Pravan wanted to look at the map and see who won in the different states. He was reading stuff to his little sister. It was so cute to watch.

No comments: