Vanakam

Vanakam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa/

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Last day of being five

Wow ! I certainly do not remember that. Today is the last day for Pravan to be five. Every year it is a tradition that I take the last picture of the child the night before their birthday. Every night like most parents I check in on the kids and make sure they are covered , warm and breathing. I adjust them if needed , plant a kiss on their forehead and whisper " I love you, sweet baby dreams into their ears and go to bed myself. Every year on the night before their birthday it is a very special time for time. I take their picture and reflect upon the year that just flew by and remember the good and the bad times. I then go to bed and decided that tomorrow is a new year, a new chapter and a new beginning. I plot out a strategy to deal with the bad habits, eliminate some of my techniques and plan on being a better mom. For me that is a struggle very day. Some days more than others. It is great that Pravan can talk and he can tell me what he wants me to change. I listen and implements some of his suggestions. I think it is important for kids to feel loved and respected. When I take his ideas his face glows and I can tell he is happy.
Tonight we will kiss the Feisty five's goodbye and in the morning we will welcome the spectacular six's.
Here is a list of how I see the ages.
Fabulous one's
Terrific Two's
Trying Three's
Fantastic Four's
Feisty Five's
Spectacular Six's
I am not sure what the seven's will be. I just make them up and truly believe it to be fitting to my kids. Maybe ....
Sweet Seven's
Nonsense Nine's
Testy Ten's
Well I may change it as my kids get to that age group. Here is my last picture of my baby and he will no longer be five in a few hours. I am ready what the six's will bring. Seems like I need an adjustment with how I parent and I am actually resorting to reading. As you may know I cannot sit still long enough to read but I can do it. For the kids I say I can. I need to be a growing mom and grow with the kids.

No comments: