Vanakam

Vanakam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa/

Monday, July 7, 2008

photo challenge

I recently stumbled upon a photo chalenge blog. http://photochallengeblog.blogspot.com/ I actually saw it on Kristin's blog http://kristinmosbargerphotography.blogspot.com/ I loved what I saw and decided to leap in and take these challenges. At first I did not like the idea of capturing texture but on my weekend trip I saw several opportunities to participate and this is what I came up with for a previous framing challenge and well as the current one on texture. Please let me know what you ladies think. I am very new at this and I am hoping to learn more about photography.
You can see these better at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa

6 comments:

Helen said...

Hello and welcome. Great to see you joining in. Gosh you have captured some great shots here. Love your feet and framing ones. Your last photo of the palm (?) super work on texture. Have a great day .....

Wendy said...

These are very GOOD!! I am so glad you've decided to join the challenge's. It's fun and offers a chance for you to leave your comfort zone!! Great job on the frame photos, I love them. The feet and toes are wonderful. Love the palm for texture, good eye!!

Celeste said...

GREAT job -- you caught up in all the challenges! I love the texture of the palm trees as well as that exotic fruit! You have a CUTE family!!!

Helen said...

Thank you so much to the links to 2 Peas...looks very interesting. Off to have a good read. Take care and have a lovely weekend.

Krissy said...

yeap.. ya did good! I really like the hanging errr. round thingies? Haven't a clue what they are, but awesome texture! So happy you decided to jump in~

Free Spirit said...

Krissy,

Teh round thingies is a tropical fruit. YOu an find them in a can at the grocery store. It is called lychees. See my previous post about it. I grew up eating this in South Africa and finally found soem in china town in San Fransisco. I am glad I had a chance to share this with my kids.If you try it you might like it. It is sweet and has a stone in the middle but the ones in the can do not have it. Thanks for looking.

Free Spirit !