Vanakam

Vanakam
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sausa/

Saturday, May 31, 2008

If at first you don't suceed try,try , try again ...

How many of you remember being told this as a kid ? When I was little I loved the poem "Don't Quit ". Today I attempted to explain something to my son. It has been a very sore journey since x-mas with the trampoline. We have put it together 4 times and it takes about 3 hours to do each time and every time it warped. We exchange the whole unit, we got replacement mats and springs twice and finally I had little to no hope that there was any hope left in getting it to work. My kids have been very patiently waiting and have not once nagged or whined to get it to work right. I believe that they knew we were trying. Today we decided to give it one last try. So I explained to Pravan that if it does not work we were going to take it to the dump. I also said that we tried and tried and tried again but there are some things you have to give up on if it never works. I also said that when you learn to ride your bike without training wheels you try and try and try again. He said " then you give up if you don't get it " I replied " no you keep trying " He said " But mommy you said you should eventually give up " I then changed what I was trying to say from " try , try, try again " to " practice makes perfect " He is so sweet he said " mommy you should keep practicing to fix the trampoline " . I laughed and I said " daddy and I will attempt it once more." I am so happy that it finally worked . We had a great time jumping on it.The cherry on top was when he said " Mommy I told you , you will succeed if you keep practicing" I rest my case ! Today has been a day full of success simply because I kept trying or as Pravan said "Keep practicing." I finally completed the slide show to my satisfaction. It is on a DVD disc ready for graduation on Monday. Tomorrow is going to be a wonderful day as I am going to the movies to watch " Sex in the City " I am very excited and looking forward to that. Take care and don't give up !

No comments: